Security is an important issue in our lives today. As a locksmith we are asked to give advice on how to make your premises more safe and secure. Some of our recommendations, for the best way to protect your premises from burglary are:
- To install and use deadlocks, window locks, security doors and an alarm.
- Consider using locks that meet the relevant Australian Security Standards.
- Change the combinations of the external door locks when you move into a new premises.
- Secure all garages and external buildings with adequate locking.
- Get into the habit of checking the security of your house before leaving and never take the “It’ll never happen to me” approach.
- Don’t leave notes for people or keys in obvious places.